Care Association plans, develops, and implements innovative strategies to alleviate economic burdens on lower- and middle-income households. We serve households in the United States that pay more than 30% of their gross income on housing or are transient because of lack of affordable housing.
Innovative strategies include three distinct projects: real property development, assistance for emotional resolution of blocks to achieving economic wellness, and the Care For Us community web application.
Many conventional “affordable housing” plans include subsidies to cover the “market rates” for vacancies. But the real demand is for housing at costs that households in lower income brackets can afford. With property development, we aim to create housing affordable for a minimum wage earner.
With the Care For Us web platform, we aim first to establish connections between households that are unable to compete in inflated real estate markets and homeowners who prefer to offer housing on their terms. Secondly, we aim to enable access to goods and services on the platform to assist those in need. Thirdly, we curate information and provide links to resources to inspire and enrich users’ experience.
- Develop alternative housing site for 16 households by year-end 2020
- Expand development to multiple sites and 100+ households in 2021
- Provide emotional resolution support targeting those facing microaggressions due to lower socioeconomic statuses
- Publish effective educational content that considers the diversity of and the need for unity among the US population
- Build a web platform that educates, creates community, and provides property owners a way to fill affordable housing vacancies without having to confront a competitive pool of tenant prospects
Care is KindSM
Our hope is to motivate others with the power of property to act with kindness toward those less fortunate; to encourage people who are different from each other find mutual respect; to inspire people to find contentment with what they have; and to reinforce the fabric of American culture by spreading the spirit of inclusion.